Brandspeak is a new product development market research agency working with some of the world’s biggest and smallest brands since 2004.
From initial idea generation onwards…..
De-risking the New Product Development Process
We know that new product development (NPD) is expensive – and risky.
We also know that appropriate involvement of the target audience during the innovation process will de-risk your investment and enable you to bring your product to market more quickly. We’ve seen it time and again.
Its why we’ve developed a range of highly cost-effective and agile, new product development research approaches for B2C and B2B clients that can be deployed at different stages of the NPD process from ideation, to concept evaluation, prototype testing, launch campaign evaluation and post-launch monitoring.
We’ll use qualitative, quantitative, ethnographic or neuroscience research, tailored to your precise requirements, to ensure you get the clarity you need, just when you need it.
Our innovation research experience
Our NPD experience is very extensive, including ambient and chilled food, retail banking, DIY, insurance, pensions, automotive, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, OTC medicine, CBD products, gaming, leisure and hotels.
Examples of the sort of research-led NPD projects we undertake include;
- Blue-sky idea generation for new, CBD-based product range
- Assessing the potential of a number of new yoghurt concepts and flavours
- Trialling new games and consoles for a global manufacturer
- Helping develop a new, alcohol-free spirit drink – undertaking concept evaluation thru and launch campaign optimisation
- Identifying the optimal format for a new, automotive store concept
- Developing a range of new B2B insurance products
- Assessing the features and market potential of a new, digital payments app
- Developing a new type of current account for a UK bank, involving 3 separate stages of research
- Identifying the features and customer experience specification of a new concierge service for an international cruise line
- New mortgage features and benefits identification
Our research capabilities
Brandspeak has a range of tools and approaches to de-risk and energise your project at all stages of development.
- Idea generation – research and co-creation designed to generate high numbers of new product ideas
- Idea screening – research and co-creation to designed to assess and optimise new product ideas on the basis of their appeal and likely demand
- Target market definition – defining the target demographic and identifying their unmet needs and behaviours
- Proposition and positioning identification – to crystallise the nature of the offer and ensure it is 100% relevant, differentiated and motivating
- Concept development and testing – to evaluate the overall appeal of the offer and optimise its composition
- Price point analysis – to identify the optimal price point and determine brand elasticity
- Demand analysis – to determine likely rates of new product or service demand
- Name generation and testing – to identify the brand name most able to embody the defining characteristics of the offer in an appealing, differentiating way
- Packaging research – to assess the different design options and determine both physically and emotionally which one will perform best
- Key message identification – identifying the key messages and the order in which they need to be communicated
- Marketing strategy development – our marketing consultants are on-hand to help you create and implement your the marketing plan for your new product.
For more information new product development research and the potential research requirements at each stage, read our article Conducting New Product Development Successfully. here.
MAXIMISE YOUR BRANDS PERFORMANCE
Our research toolkit is comprehensive! It contains all the latest tools and techniques, as well as lots of old
favourites. Whatever your project, we have the research solutions to provide the answers you need.