Using Brandspeak’s brand packaging research tools you can optimise the design and development of your packaging to maximise relevance, sensory cues, stand-out and usability.
Why is brand packaging research important?
The brand packaging you choose has the power to make or break your brand.
Just look at the failed relaunch of Tropicana!, where the new packaging totally failed to retain the original pack cues that were so important to the brand’s loyal customers.
Original versus New
The result was overwhelming customer rejection followed by a costly return to the original packaging!
But, to be successful, packaging must do much more than capture and reflect essential brand imagery.
It must also:
- Deliver relevant sensory cues
- Ensure stand-out on a crowded store fixture
- Make handling, opening, closing and storing easy – especially if in multi-pack format
- Be in-step with rapidly-changing environmental considerations
That is why brand packaging research from Brandspeak offers the following:
- Benchmarking research – to identify the best (and worst) packaging from your sector and beyond, to ensure that your new design options are being evaluated within the context of the best examples around.
- Eye-tracking – to determine the extent to which the different elements of on-pack imagery combine to draw the consumer’s attention, both when the pack is reviewed isolation and when it is on-shelf, surrounded by competitor brands
- Packaging development and design research – to explore potential innovations in relation to your existing packaging.
- In-situ research – to determine how different packaging options perform at all stages of consumption e.g. in-store, in-basket, in-fridge / in-pantry and during disposal.
MAXIMISE YOUR BRANDS PERFORMANCE
Our research toolkit is comprehensive! It contains all the latest tools and techniques, as well as lots of old
favourites. Whatever your project, we have the research solutions to provide the answers you need.