An inexpensive, rapid way to gather Market Intelligence
Desk research from Brandspeak
Brandspeak provides desk research (also known as secondary research) to organisations that need market data to inform decision-making in relation to activities such as:
- Market entry or exit
- Investment allocation
- Distribution strategy development
- Pricing strategy development
- Grant applications
In addition to the above, we also undertake desk research to identify suitable companies or individuals to take part in qualitative or quantitative research in order to provide additional insights in to the above.
Desk research advantages
The main benefit of desk research is that it is highly cost-effective, involving a rapid but intensive trawl of available online resources to piece together a comprehensive picture of the subject under review.
Desk work typically undertaken on behalf of our clients includes:
- Calculating current market or brand value
- Estimating future, annual growth potential
- Creating a detailed picture of the competitor landscape, including the size of individual brands; their marketing strategies; their strengths and weaknesses, and market sweet-spots
- Developing customer value / segmentation models
- Identifying emerging trends before they become mainstream
- Identifying regulatory barriers to market
- Identifying new local distributors or routes to market
To identify the required information our desk research team may review:
- Industry reports and white papers
- Government statistics and reports
- Trade and industry association data
- Company websites
- Policy documents
- Sector-specific trade journals and publications
- Government reports
- Relevant industry and product associations within each country
- Analysts notes
- Conference speeches and presentations
We’ll also look for any paid-for reports that can help answer the exam question. If there are, we’ll discuss the contents of these with you, so you can decide whether or not to purchase them to the data we have amassed from free-to-access sources.
Our desk research expertise
Brandspeak’s desk research team has considerable and wide-ranging experience, from calculating the annual tonnage and value of polypropylene thread used by various industries in Brazil, to determining the number of B2C and B2B companies of different sizes and sectors that are selling their goods via online market places throughout Europe.